The residential property management (RPM) industry rewards current and prospective employees who have the relevant education and training under their belt. Whether you are a student, a current RPM professional, or a potential career changer, there are many opportunities for you to hone your skills and advance your career.
- College education. Participating in community and technical college programs or earning a university degree can make you a leading candidate for RPM jobs.
- Continuing education and professional development. As an RPM professional, you can accelerate your career advancement by participating in on-site training and development, as well as online courses designed to grow your skills.
College Options To Launch Your RPM Career
Numerous colleges and universities offer an RPM major, minor, or concentration. An RPM-focused education gives students a unique opportunity to learn about the industry and apply their knowledge in the real world.
Colleges and Universities Offering a Major, Minor, Emphasis, or Concentration in RPM
University Offering a Master’s Degree in RPM
Community and Technical Colleges and Community-Based Organizations Offering RPM Credential Programs
Many community colleges, technical colleges, and community-based organizations offer the Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians (CAMT) program as well as the Certified Apartment Leasing Professional (CALP) program. Each of these credentials gives prospective RPM professionals a leg up in applying for jobs, whether they’re just starting out in the industry or looking to advance to the next level.
- North Carolina
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology
- Austin Community College Real Estate
- Austin Community College Apartment Building Maintenance
- Austin Community College Apartment Leasing Professional
- Goodwill Career and Technical Academy
- Goodwill San Antonio
- Goodwill Houston
- Western Technical College
- Washington D.C.
Continuing Education and Professional Development Options To Advance Your RPM Career
Online Continuing Education
There are numerous online course options for current or prospective RPM professionals looking to advance their careers. The National Apartment Association Education Institute’s online learning platform, Visto, provides easy access to nationally recognized, high-quality online credential programs and training courseware for current or emerging RPM professionals.
On-Site Training and Professional Development
In addition to the independent education opportunities offered to current and prospective RPM professionals online and at colleges and universities, once you start working in the RPM industry, companies often offer professional development and training. Companies support internal training programs and courses, certifications, and skill-building workshops to help their employees grow.