Take time off. Pay less for rent and tuition. Know that your health needs are covered and that you can start saving for the future. RPM jobs provide:
- Health insurance (medical, dental, and vision)
- Paid holidays
- Sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Rent reduction*
- Tuition assistance*
* The availability and extent of this benefit depends on the position, company, and location.
Join a robust, dynamic industry that values professional development and gives employees many opportunities to move up. RPM companies offer ongoing training and certifications — sometimes even tuition assistance — and tend to promote from within.
Typical career paths include:
- Maintenance technician
- Maintenance supervisor
- Regional maintenance manager
- Leasing consultant
- Leasing manager
- Regional marketing manager or assistant community manager
- Assistant community manager
- Community manager
- Regional community manager
The demand for rental housing — and for talented people to maintain, manage, and build these communities — is on the rise nationwide because of population growth, immigration, and changing lifestyle preferences. And the industry generally is recession-proof, because in an economic downturn the demand for rental housing typically grows even higher as an alternative to buying a home.
- On average, 1 million new renter households formed every year (2011-2016)
- More than 20 million apartment homes as of 2016
- Additional 4.6 million new apartments needed by 2030
Full-Time, Year-Round Work
Work without fear of layoffs or the paycheck gaps caused by seasonal fluctuations or other work lulls. Whether in maintenance, leasing, or community management, the variety of year-round needs in a residential rental community means you’ll always have work. And RPM jobs provide regular and predictable hours.
Wherever you move, you’ll find apartments — and RPM jobs. Your skills and experience will easily transfer to jobs in other communities, and demand for rental housing is growing nationally.
You’ll be rewarded for your knowledge and experience, no matter which career path you choose.
- Entry Level: $36,300–$48,000
- Experienced: $51,200–$86,600
- Regional Supervisor: $96,300–$132,500
- Bonus Pay: 13–19 percent of salary
Source: CEL & Associates 2017 Real Estate Compensation Survey; exact salaries depend on geographic location, relevant experience, and company policy.
People and interpersonal relationships are at the heart of every RPM career. You’ll enjoy interacting with and helping residents, building a community, working in a team environment, and creating partnerships with suppliers.